Partner, admitted to the Bar in 2006
Dutch and English
- University of Groningen (criminal law and criminal procedure)
- Willem Pompe Institute of Criminal Law (specialisation course in criminal law, postgraduate)
- 2022 - present Vice president Criminal Law Committee, International Bar Association (IBA)
- 2021 - present Secretary Supervisory Board Stichting Hyperbaar Geneeskundig Centrum Rijswijk (HGC)
- 2008 - 2016 Member, Supervisory Committee, Penitentiary Institution Achterhoek (Ooyerhoek)
About Sabine ten Doesschate
Sabine ten Doesschate mainly handles fraud, money laundering, corruption and economic criminal cases, including environmental criminal cases. Sabine has also regularly represented hospitals that were the subject of criminal investigations, including objection proceedings against seizures and advising on medical confidentiality. Sabine has also regularly assisted investigating officers and has extensive experience in general criminal law, including the defence of life crime suspects. In the MH17 trial, together with law partner Boudewijn van Eijck, she conducted the defence of the only defendant who was acquitted.
Sabine ten Doesschate has deep knowledge of EU and The Netherlands legal environment and the ability to understand the client’s perspective and current situation.The Legal 500 - 2022
Education and career
Sabine studied Dutch law, majoring in criminal law, at the University of Groningen. She then worked as a criminal lawyer in the east of the country for ten years. For eight years, she was also a member of the Supervisory Committee of a Penitentiary Institution, where she was also a judge of complaints. Sabine attended the postgraduate specialisation course in criminal law at the Willem Pompe Institute of Utrecht University. Sabine joined our team in September 2016 and has been a partner at our firm since January 2019. She works from our Rotterdam office.
Sabine is a member of the Dutch Association of Defence Counsel (NVSA) and is vice-chair of the Criminal Law Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA). She sits on the Supervisory Board of a healthcare institution, regularly speaks at conferences or other meetings and is a lecturer at Lexlumen.
Sabine ten Doesschate is registered in the Register of Jurisdictions of the Netherlands Bar as a specialist in Criminal Law. This specialism includes:
- Common criminal law
- Military criminal law
- Financial-economic criminal law
- Environmental criminal law
- Fiscal criminal law
- Medical criminal law
- International criminal law
Mr Ten Doesschate obtains a minimum of ten training points in the field of this specialisation every calendar year according to the standards of the Netherlands Bar.
- Dutch Association of Criminal Lawyers (NVSA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- (The Dutch branch of) the Women’s White Collar Defence Association (WWCDA)