Associate, admitted to the Bar in 2017
Dutch and English
- University of Amsterdam (criminal law)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (transnational legal studies)
- Willem Pompe Institute for Criminal Law (Preparation course in criminal law)
- 2018 - present Permanent contributor to the Sanctions Law & Company Magazine
About Floris Dudok van Heel
Floris Dudok van Heel handles general and economic criminal cases for both companies and individuals. He regularly acts in criminal cases concerning (fatal) industrial accidents, bribery and fraud. Floris also regularly handles traffic criminal cases and, as a member of a special team of lawyers that assist the Dutch National Police, acts as a lawyer for investigating officers who become involved in criminal cases or fact-finding investigations.
Education and career
Floris graduated from the University of Amsterdam in 2013 with a specialisation in Criminal Law. Subsequently, he obtained a master’s degree in Transnational Legal Studies: an English-language, in-depth course in international law, at VU University in the same year. After graduating, Floris worked as a senior legal assistant at the criminal sectors of the North Holland District Court and the Amsterdam Court of Appeal until he joined us as a lawyer in 2017.
Floris has been a regular contributor to the Sanctions Law & Company Magazine since 2018, for which, among other things, he provides the current affairs column Economic Criminal Law: Working Conditions. Floris also regularly publishes on other topics within criminal law and lectures on criminal liability of companies and their employees.
In the register of areas of law of the Netherlands Bar, Floris is registered as a specialist in criminal law. This specialism includes:
- Financial-economic criminal law
- Fiscal criminal law
- Working conditions criminal law
- Environmental criminal law
Floris obtains a minimum of ten training points in the field of this specialisation every calendar year according to the standards of the Netherlands Bar.
- Dutch Association of Young Defence Counsel (NVJSA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)